This year has certainly shown us that parents need to play an active role in their children's education. Our education system should put students first and allow teachers to teach. Let's return the power from bureaucrats back to the parents to decide what's best for their children. Not all children, classrooms, schools, families, or communities are the same. So if you choose public, private, home schooling or other means we need to provide the resources so families can provide the best options for their kids. As your State Assemblyman, I’ll fight to:
- Replace Common Core standards with common-sense standards reflecting skills students need to be productive members of society;
- Empower teachers with the flexibility and resources to teach students as they know best;
- Restore authority to parents to choose the educational system that best meets their child’s needs without hassle from the government, whether that be through public, private, or home school education;
- Improve public schools, assuring parents that their child will receive excellent education; and
- Reject attempts to “re-imagine education” that involve eliminating classrooms or teachers.